Compliance Assistance - Worker Protection
Worker Safety Information and Resources
- DPR Worker Health and Safety Branch
- Licensing and certification
- Medical supervision program
- Minimal exposure pesticides (MEPs), PDF (20 kb)– Lists pesticides DPR classifies MEPs, restrictions, and special safety requirements
- Pesticide illness/injury treatment information
- Restricted materials use requirements
- Compliance assistance booklets for employers – This DPR series includes display of required information; decontamination facilities; emergency medical care; personal protective equipment; and safety training.
- Compliance Guide for Employers and Businesses, PDF (142 kb) – DPR overview of pesticide laws and regulations governing pesticide use
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) – DPR handouts in English, Spanish and Punjabi help employees learn about pesticide safety. They are required to be used in handler and field worker training.
- Pesticide Safety - It’s the Law – one-page handouts, "It’s as simple as PPE (Please Protect Employees) " and "What to say before you spray"
- Pet grooming, PDF (59 kb) – Using Pesticides in Your Pet Grooming Business (Bulletin ENF-002, July 2007)
- Restricted-entry intervals ( English, PDF 61 kb) (En Español, PDF 63 kb) (DPR Enforcement Bulletin ENF-001, 2007)
- Sulfur dioxide use in wineries, PDF (109 kb) - two-page handout about licensing and use reporting requirements
- Understanding California’s Definitions of Agricultural Use and Non-Agricultural Use Pest Control, PDF (95 kb) (Bulletin ENF-003, July 2008)
- Using Disinfectants, Sanitizers, Medical Sterilants and Other Antimicrobials in the Workplace, PDF (87 kb) (DPR handout) (En Español, PDF, 132 kb)
- National Ag Safety Database – Centers for Disease Control
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) ag safety links (En Español)
- Worker Protection Standard (WPS) from U.S. EPA