- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems
- Compliance assistance for employers
- Decisions pending and opportunities for public participation
- Environmental Justice
- How to get a license or product registration
- Information for physicians
- School IPM
- Structural Pest Control Board
The Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) recognizes that your privacy is a personal and fundamental right without exception. DPR values and protects your privacy and places strict controls on the gathering and use of personally identifiable data. Your personal information is not disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for purposes other than those specified at the time of collection, except with your consent or as authorized by law or regulation. Privacy concerns specific to DPR are as follows:
- DPR will only gather information through lawful means. Any subsequent use of the information is limited to purposes consistent with the purpose(s) given at the time of collection. California law states that some information submitted or accessed by you may become public records under the Public Records Act. However, there are limitations that protect your personal information from inclusion with public records.
- Any data you send via e-mail is not secured or encrypted by DPR. If you fill out a survey or send the Department an e-mail message, your e-mail address and the information submitted will be collected and may be provided to other State agencies to better serve your needs. Do not send any confidential or personal data via e-mail such as your social security number, credit card number, or other data that could be compromised.
- When you view information on this website, some non-confidential data may be collected, such as the time and date of access and where you went during your visit. The website may place and subsequently retrieve simple text files called "cookies," which identify you and your computer to our Internet site. Cookies do not contain personal or confidential information about you and will only be used to monitor activity on this website.
- All personal information submitted to DPR will be secured against loss, damage, modification, unauthorized access, or disclosure as required by Federal and California Law, and the State Administrative Manual policy. Information voluntarily provided by you will be protected by the appropriate computer, network, and Internet technical security controls at the employee and departmental level to prevent unauthorized access. Some of these security controls are: password and user identification verification, data encryption, confidential transmissions, secure storage areas, and audit trails. DPR’s employees are educated regarding the requirements of working with confidential and personally identifiable information as well as the consequences of misuse.
- DPR will not sell or distribute your information to any non-governmental third party without your consent. DPR’s employees will only use personal information submitted by you on a need-to-know basis in order to provide information or services.
- DPR does not store or use personal information submitted by you any longer than necessary. If no longer required and in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of the data, your personally identifiable information is destroyed via purging, magnetic degaussing/erasing, shredding and/or other means of authorized confidential destruction. Regularly scheduled archiving, purging and proper disposal of records and information is a standard practice throughout the Department.
- In general, information presented
on this website, unless otherwise indicated, is considered
in the public domain. It may be distributed or copied as permitted by law. However, DPR uses copyrighted data on this website (for example, photographs, publications, and videos) which may require additional permissions prior to your use. While DPR attempts to maintain a high degree of accuracy, we will not be held liable for errors or omissions that may occur. If you notice an error
or omission in information, please contact the Department
at (916) 445-4300 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Many of the documents on this website are protected by copyright (PDF brochures, videos, and photographs). Altering or distributing these documents for resale is prohibited.
As a public agency, DPR understands the importance of maintaining your privacy and will make every attempt to maintain your trust and confidence regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
This policy has been developed and is maintained in accordance with the Information Practices Act of 1977 (Title 1.8 [commencing with Section 1798] of Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code), the Public Records Act (commencing with Government Code Section 6250), and Sections 11015.5 and 11019.9 of the Government Code.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact:
California Department of Pesticide
Attention: Privacy Officer
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812
Phone: (916) 445-5272