- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems
- Compliance assistance for employers
- Decisions pending and opportunities for public participation
- Environmental Justice
- How to get a license or product registration
- Information for physicians
- School IPM
- Structural Pest Control Board
Sign up to receive e-mail updates on DPR's Licensing and Continuing Education Program activities.
Top 10 Violations of 2016, PDF (3.2 mb) – DPR’s presentation for CE sponsors and licensees covers the most common pesticide use violations of 2016.
License Renewal: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Individual License Holders, PDF (286 kb) – Contains answers to the most common questions DPR receives from license holders about license renewals.
Letter to all CE Sponsors about topics that can be approved for CE:
- Approval of CE topics, PDF (82 kb)
Continuing Education (CE) Program Mailing Address: DPR has a P.O. Box dedicated specifically for CE. The intent of using a dedicated P.O. Box is to increase the potential for CE Approval Request Applications to arrive quickly for review. U.S. Postal Service is recommended because it eliminates the need for signatures from the 'recipient' that a shipping company can require which delays delivery to DPR. Please use the following address via U.S. Postal Service when mailing in the CE application form, payment, and supplemental materials:
Department of Pesticide Regulation
P.O. Box 1379
Sacramento, California 95812
For questions about the CE program:
Licenses and certificates cannot be renewed unless the holder has completed certain minimum continuing education hours relating to pesticides or pest management within each two-year license or certificate period.
License or certificate holders with questions should contact the Licensing Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 916-445-4038. Please note that DPR does not track CE hours obtained by DPR license and certificate holders and all license and certificate holders are required to keep records from CE course sponsors that verify their CE attendance hours. These records may be requested by DPR at any time.
- Continuing education record renewal summary, PDF (211 kb) (PR-PML-123)
- Continuing education requirement summary for advisers and applicators, PDF (14 kb)
- UCIPM pest management education program
- DPR approved CE courses
CE sponsors must submit a $45 fee, a "Continuing education approval request application" form, and a comprehensive course agenda to DPR at least 30 days before the course date. Applications will not be processed without the fee. All CE courses must be approved before the course takes place. Additional fees are not required for course dates and locations when the same DPR-approved agenda is presented. However, sponsors must submit the additional dates and locations to DPR using the "Continuing education additional course date request" form. Information about changes to an approved course agenda, such as date, location, or speaker, must be submitted to DPR, but does not require an additional fee.
Forms and templates for CE course sponsors:
- Continuing education approval request application, PDF (1.6 mb) (DPR-PML-131)
- Template CE course agenda, WORD (35 kb)
- Continuing education additional course date request, PDF (1.6 mb) (DPR-PML-132)
- Visa/master card transaction, PDF (12 kb) (DPR-105)
- Template record of course completion, WORD (24 kb)
Resources for CE course sponsors:
- Approved and pending continuing education courses
- Important reminders for sponsors, PDF (52 kb)
- How to sponsor a continuing education course, PDF (47 kb)
- Approval of CE topics, PDF (82 kb)
- Top 10 Violations of 2016 presentation, PDF (3.2 mb)
- CE category example topics, PDF (561 kb)
- DPR's form for auditing CE courses, PDF (20 kb)