- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems
- Compliance assistance for employers
- Decisions pending and opportunities for public participation
- Environmental Justice
- How to get a license or product registration
- Information for physicians
- School IPM
- Structural Pest Control Board
Sign up to receive e-mail updates on DPR's Licensing and Continuing Education Program activities.
Letter to all CE Sponsors about topics that can be approved for CE:
- 2016 License Renewal PowerPoint, PPT (1 mb) – These slides can be used by CE sponsors, CACs, or others to inform individuals about the DPR renewal process and to promote early application submittal.
- Approval of CE topics, PDF (82 kb)
New regulations pertaining to continuing education (CE) course requirements went into effect January 1, 2014.
Continuing Education (CE) Program Mailing Address: DPR has a new P.O. Box dedicated specifically for CE. The intent of using a dedicated P.O. Box is to increase the potential for CE Approval Request Applications to arrive quickly for review. Please use the following address via U.S. Postal Service when mailing in the CE application form, payment, and supplemental materials:
Department of Pesticide Regulation
P.O. Box 1379
Sacramento, California 95812
U.S. Postal service is recommended because it eliminates the need for signatures from the ‘recipient’ that a shipping company can require which delays delivery to DPR. Note that DPR will still continue to collect mail from the old P.O. Box number as well, but requests that all CE sponsors use the new address going forward to minimize the number of applications that need to be sorted from the rest of DPR’s mail.
For questions about the CE program:
Licenses and certificates cannot be renewed unless the holder has completed certain minimum continuing education hours relating to pesticides or pest management within each two-year license or certificate period.
License or certificate holders with questions should contact the Licensing Program at email@example.com or by phone at (916) 445-4038. Please note that DPR does not track CE hours obtained by DPR license and certificate holders and all license and certificate holders are required to keep records from CE course sponsors that verify their CE attendance hours. These records are required to be turned in to DPR for license/certificate renewal.
- Continuing education record renewal summary, PDF (90 kb) (PR-PML-123)
- Continuing education requirement summary for advisers and applicators, PDF (14 kb)
- UCIPM pest management education program
- DPR approved CE courses
CE sponsors must submit a $45 fee, a "Continuing education approval request application" form, and a comprehensive course agenda to DPR at least 30 days before the course date. Applications will not be processed without the fee. All CE courses must be approved before the course takes place. Additional fees are not required for course dates and locations when the same DPR-approved agenda is presented. However, sponsors must submit the additional dates and locations to DPR using the "Continuing education additional presentation request". Information about changes to an approved course agenda, such as date, location, or speaker, must be submitted to DPR, but does not require an additional fee.
Forms and templates for CE course sponsors:
- Continuing education approval request application, PDF (1.6 mb) (DPR-PML-131)
- Template CE course agenda, WORD (35 kb)
- Continuing education additional course date request, PDF (1.6 mb) (DPR-PML-132)
- Visa/master card transaction, PDF (12 kb) (DPR-105)
- Template record of course completion, WORD (24 kb)
Resources for CE course sponsors:
- 2016 License Renewal PowerPoint, PPT (1 mb)
- Approved and pending continuing education courses
- Important reminders for sponsors, PDF (171 kb)
- How to sponsor a continuing education course, PDF (47 kb)
- Approval of CE topics, PDF (82 kb)
- CE category example topics, PDF (258 kb)
- New Legislation for 2011, PDF (14 kb)
- DPR Audit form for continuing education courses, PDF (20 kb)