- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems
- Compliance assistance for employers
- Decisions pending and opportunities for public participation
- Environmental Justice
- How to get a license or product registration
- Information for physicians
- School IPM
- Structural Pest Control Board
Sign up to receive e-mail updates on DPR's Licensing and Continuing Education Program activities.
New regulations pertaining to continuing education (CE) course requirements will go into effect January 1, 2014.
DPR is sponsoring three workshops throughout California in December 2013 to explain how the new regulations will affect CE sponsors and DPR licensees. The workshops will also give attendees a chance to ask questions about the new regulations and the CE program in general. Please RSVP via email to Lisa.Estridge@cdpr.ca.gov.
Continuing Education (CE) Program Mailing Address: DPR has a new P.O. Box dedicated specifically for CE. The intent of using a dedicated P.O. Box is to increase the potential for CE Approval Request Applications to arrive quickly for review. Please use the following address via U.S. Postal Service when mailing in the CE application form, payment, and supplemental materials:
Department of Pesticide Regulation
P.O. Box 1379
Sacramento, California 95812
U.S. Postal service is recommended because it eliminates the need for signatures from the ‘recipient’ that a shipping company can require which delays delivery to DPR. Note that DPR will still continue to collect mail from the old P.O. Box number as well, but requests that all CE sponsors use the new address going forward to minimize the number of applications that need to be sorted from the rest of DPR’s mail.
Licenses and certificates cannot be renewed unless the holder has completed certain minimum continuing education hours relating to pesticides or pest management within each two-year license or certificate period.
License or certificate holders with questions should contact the Licensing Program at email@example.com or by phone at (916) 445-4038. Please note that DPR does not track CE hours obtained by DPR license and certificate holders and all license and certificate holders are required to keep records from CE course sponsors that verify their CE attendance hours. These records are required to be turned in to DPR for license/certificate renewal.
- Continuing education general information for licensees, PDF (152 kb)
- Continuing education record renewal summary, PDF (90 kb) (PR-PML-123)
- Continuing education requirement summary for advisers and applicators, PDF (14 kb)
- UCIPM pest management education program
- DPR approved CE courses
A $45 fee is required for continuing education accreditation for courses. This processing fee is for each continuing education course agenda in a calendar year submitted for review. The fee is non refundable and is used to support the continuing education accreditation program. It must be mailed with each new application for continuing education approval request. Applications will not be processed without the fee. Course sponsors should send their application(s) and fee(s) to DPR at least 30 days in advance of their course date. Subsequent changes to the course agenda, date changes, or additional presentations of the same agenda within the same calendar year will not be charged a separate fee. Additional dates of presentations of the same agenda within the same calendar year need to be sent to DPR using the “Continuing education additional presentation request” form and approved before the course date.
Forms and templates for CE course sponsors:
- Continuing education approval request, PDF (52 kb) (PR-PML-131)
- Sample CE course agenda template, WORD (35 kb)
- Continuing education additional presentation request, PDF (685 kb) (PR-PML-132)
- Visa/master card transaction, PDF (12 kb) (DPR-105)
- Sample CE Verification of Attendance Certificate, WORD (24 kb)
Resources for CE course sponsors: