Worker Protection Program
Worker Protection Program staff evaluates the implementation of the state worker safety regulations and provides input on changes to the federal Worker Protection Standard. Research includes looking at trends in the pesticide illness surveillance database, enforcement database, compliance assessment studies, and data from field surveys and exposure monitoring studies. This program is also responsible for developing outreach materials such as the Pesticide Safety Information Series leaflets. Staff develop and administer worker outreach and other projects as part of the Pesticide Consolidated Cooperative Agreement with U.S. EPA.
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) -
leaflets explaining the worker safety regulations and other safety information to workers.
- Mixtec Pesticide Safety Training (available in VHS and DVD formats). Comes with an English script. Request via DPR's Publication/Video Order Form, PDF (86 kb). Topics include:
- Before you start work in the field.
- Hazard communication and notification.
- Protecting yourself from pesticides.
- If a pesticide makes you sick.
- Decontamination at the end of the day.
- Evaluation of California notification and hazard communication, PDF (356 kb) requirements
- Evaluation of California posting, PDF (133 kb) requirements
- California Code of Regulations- Title 3, Division 6. Pesticides and Pest Control Operations.
- UC Davis Pesticide Safety Education Program- provides safety education models and resources.
- U.S. EPA - worker protection site
- U.S. EPA Worker Protection Standard- text of the federal Worker Protection Standards regulations.
- U.S. EPA Worker Protection Standard publications- U.S. EPA publications that explain many aspects of the Worker Protection Standard in detail.
- How to comply with the U.S. EPA Worker Protection Standards- provides guidance to employers on how to comply.
- Summary of Worker Safety and Protection Regulations, PDF (536 kb) - developed by the Sacramento County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 323-7614