DPR 17-001 Worker Protection Standard
Sign-up to receive Notices of Proposed Regulatory Action via e-mail.
DPR 17-001 Worker Protection Standard (Notice 8/11/17; Comment period closes 9/25/17)
DPR proposes to amend sections 6000, 6619, 6724, 6764, 6768, 6769, and 6776 of Title 3, California Code of Regulations. The proposed action will amend DPR's existing worker safety regulations to align with the recently revised federal Worker Protection Standard [Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 170] that was noticed in the Federal Register, Vol. 80, No. 21 on November 2, 2015. The proposed action deletes the application exclusion zone definition and revises requirements for notice of completed applications, fieldworker training, fieldworker decontamination supplies, and field posting when a pesticide is used for the commercial or research production of an agricultural commodity. In addition, the proposed action revises the training program requirements for pesticide handlers working in production or non-production agriculture settings, or in non-agricultural settings.
- Notice of Proposed Regulatory Action, PDF, En Español, PDF
- Proposed Text, PDF
- Initial Statement of Reasons, PDF, En Español, PDF
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement (Form 399), PDF
- Final Statement of Reasons, PDF
- Final Text of Regulations, PDF Filed with Secretary of State 12/20/17; Effective 3/1/18