DPR 18-003 Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certification
Sign-up to receive Notices of Proposed Regulatory Action via e-mail.
DPR 18-003 Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certification (Noticed 10/19/18; Comment period closed 12/3/18)
DPR amended sections 6502 and 6540 of Title 3, California Code of Regulations. This action amended forms, Aircraft Pilot Pest Control Certificate Application DPR-PML-005 (Rev. 01/18) and Individual License /Certificate Renewal Application DPR-PML-141 (REV. 6/15), incorporated by reference, to make them consistent with the recently amended state law, Food and Agricultural Code (FAC) sections 11901, 11902, 11905, and 11910. These changes to the forms differentiated Manned and Unmanned Pest Control Aircraft Pilot certificates and added the subcategory of Vector Control Technician. The Individual License/Certificate Renewal Application is also used by pest control advisers, qualified applicators, and dealer designated agents. This action also updated pilot supervision requirements to clarify that manned aircraft apprentice pilots must be supervised by a manned aircraft journeyman pilot and obtain their required apprentice hours operating a manned aircraft in pest control. These regulations were filed with the Secretary of State on April 22, 2019, and become effective on July 1, 2019.
- Notice of Proposed Regulatory Action, PDF
- Proposed Text, PDF (31 kb)
- Proposed Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certificate Application DPR-PML-005 (Rev. 07/18), PDF
- Proposed Individual License/Certificate Renewal Application DPR-PML-141 (Rev. 07/18), PDF
- Initial Statement of Reasons, PDF
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement (Form 399), PDF
- Final Statement of Reasons, PDF
- Final Text of Regulation, PDF Filed with Secretary of State 4/22/19; Effective 7/1/19
- Final Pest Control Aircraft Pilot Certificate Application DPR-PML-005 (Rev. 07/18), PDF
- Final Individual License/Certificate Renewal Application DPR-PML-141 (Rev. 07/18), PDF