Farmworker Safety Outreach and Education
State law requires DPR to conduct outreach and education on worker safety and rights, and how to file confidential complaints of potential exposure. DPR staff present information on reducing pesticide exposure risk, new regulatory programs, as well as existing health and safety information related to pesticide use.
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) (En Español) (In Punjabi) - Leaflets explaining regulations and other worker safety information.
- Compliance assistance booklets for employers (En Español)
- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems (En Español)
- 5 Safety Tips for Pesticide Handlers, PDF (En Español)
- 5 Pesticide Safety Tips for Farmworkers, PDF (En Español)
- Pesticide Safety Tips for Farm Labor Contractors, PDF (En Español)
- 10 Pesticide Safety Tips for Using Pesticides at Home, PDF (En Español)
- Never Mix Bleach with Other Cleaners, PDF (En Español | In Chinese | In Punjabi)
- Comic Books (Spanish):
- Una guía para sustituir los químicos domésticos por alternativas más sanas y seguras, PDF (2 mb) (Migrant Clinicians Network) - A guide for using least-toxic pesticide alternatives in the home.
- Read the Label First!, PDF (En Español)
- Pesticide Complaints? You Have the Right to..., PDF (En Español)
- Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (UC Davis) – A resource center to protect and improve the health and safety of farmworkers and consumers.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 323-7614