Farmworker Safety Outreach and Education
State law requires DPR to conduct outreach and education on worker safety and rights, and how to file confidential complaints of potential exposure. DPR staff present information on reducing pesticide exposure risk, new regulatory programs, as well as existing health and safety information related to pesticide use.
- Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) (En Español) (In Punjabi) - Leaflets explaining regulations and other worker safety information.
- Compliance assistance booklets for employers (En Español)
- Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems (En Español)
- Comic Books (Spanish):
- Una guía para sustituir los químicos domésticos por alternativas más sanas y seguras, PDF (2 mb) (Migrant Clinicians Network) - A guide for using least-toxic pesticide alternatives in the home.
- Emergency cards for fieldworkers in case of pesticide exposure, PDF - This is the information found on wallet-sized cards developed for agricultural fieldworkers with information on who to contact if they become ill or injured from exposure to pesticides.
- Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (UC Davis) – A resource center to protect and improve the health and safety of farmworkers and consumers.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 445-0111