Pesticide Safety Training Materials and Resources for Training Employees Working in the Production of an Agricultural Plant Commodity
In California, the Food and Agricultural Code and the California Code of Regulations must be followed for training fieldworkers and handlers.
- If you are certified to train trainers in California through the Train-the-Trainer (T2) program, DPR must approve any T2 training materials.
- If you are certified to train fieldworkers and pesticide handlers, your training materials do not need to be approved by DPR, but must be based on information from approved materials such as those found below.
Recommended Sources for Training Materials
- Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative:
To find materials on U.S. EPA's Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative (PERC) website. Click on the WPS Inventory of Training Materials on the bottom right. Look for materials that are appropriate for your audience (e.g., California pesticide handlers and/or fieldworkers).
- Training Materials from the University of California Integrated Pest Management (UC IPM) Program
- Pesticide Safety Information Series:
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Pesticide labels
- DPR's Worker Health and Safety Information and Resources
- UC IPM Training and Safety Resources:
If you have questions about training materials or resources, please contact Ann Schaffner at Ann.Schaffner@cdpr.ca.gov or (916) 445-4222.