Pesticide Safety Training Materials and Resources for Training Employees Working in the Production of an Agricultural Plant Commodity

Back to Worker Protection Information

Back to Licensing and Certification Program

In California, the Food and Agricultural Code and the California Code of Regulations must be followed for training fieldworkers and handlers.

  • If you are certified to train trainers in California through the Train-the-Trainer (T2) program, DPR must approve any T2 training materials.
  • If you are certified to train fieldworkers and pesticide handlers, your training materials do not need to be approved by DPR, but must be based on information from approved materials such as those found below.

Recommended Sources for Training Materials

Additional Resources

If you have questions about training materials or resources, please contact Ann Schaffner at or (916) 445-4222.