Air Monitoring Network
Sign up to receive e-mail updates on DPR’s air monitoring network.
The Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) has established a monitoring network to sample ambient air for multiple pesticides in three communities on a regular schedule. Monitoring began in February 2011 (in Ripon, Shafter and Salinas). DPR plans to use the data gathered to evaluate and improve protective measures against pesticide exposure.
- Air Monitoring Network Results
- Final monitoring protocol, PDF (72 kb) February 2011
- Final air monitoring network plan, PDF (775 kb) May 2010 (Appendix 3, Excel, 451 kb)
After three years of monitoring DPR, proposes continuation of monitoring network.
- Recommended air monitoring network plan for 2014, PDF (1.4 mb) February 2014
Members of the Pesticide Registration and Evaluation Committee (PREC) serve as technical and scientific advisors to the project.
- Presentation for the May 20, 2016 PREC Meeting, PDF (420 kb), May 2016
- Comments received on March18, 2016 PREC presentation, PDF (417 kb)
- The air monitoring network has been discussed at several PREC meetings since 2009 (meeting minutes)
DPR is accepting comments on the proposed changes to the Air Monitoring Network until June 3, 2016. Comments or questions should be emailed to Pam Wofford at Pam.Wofford@cdpr.ca.gov.
For content questions, contact:
Phone: (916) 324-4297