Sign up to receive e-mail updates on DPR's Licensing and Continuing Education (CE) Program activities.
Certification and Training Regulations Update - The following forms are required to request approval for Continuing Education courses presented in 2024. Please read application instructions carefully as some requirements have changed.
- In-Person Continuing Education Approval Request Application (LIC-131A), PDF
- Interactive Online and Webinar Continuing Education Approval Request Application (LIC-131B), PDF
- Continuing Education Additional Course Date Request (LIC-132), PDF
Updated and new sponsor resources and templates.
- How to Sponsor a CE Course, PDF
- Important Reminders for CE Sponsors, PDF
- Template – CE Course Syllabus, PDF
- Template – CE Course Agenda, PDF
Mail CE applications to:
Department of Pesticide Regulation
P.O. Box 1379
Sacramento, California 95812
For questions, please email or call 916-603-7792.
Letter to Licensees and Continuing Education Sponsors Regarding Assembly Bill 1480, PDF – Details changes to sections of the California Food and Agricultural Code (2018) and DPR enforcement actions for violations that compromised the integrity of the Licensing and Certification Program.
Licenses and certificates cannot be renewed unless the holder has completed certain minimum CE hours focused on pesticides or pest management within each valid two-year license or certificate period.
DPR does not track CE hours obtained by license and certificate holders. License and certificate holders are required to keep records of attendance hours. These records may be requested by DPR at any time.
- Continuing Education Record Renewal Summary, PDF (PR-PML-123)
- Continuing Education Requirement Summary for Advisers and Applicators, PDF
For more information, contact the Licensing Program at LicenseMail@cdpr.ca.gov or by phone at 916-445-4038.
CE sponsors must submit a $45 fee, the appropriate CE application, and all required application materials. All courses must be approved before they take place. Additional fees are not required for course dates and locations when the same DPR-approved agenda is presented. Sponsors may request additional dates using the "Continuing Education Additional Course Date Request" form. Changes to an approved course must be submitted to CEmail@cdpr.ca.gov.
Forms and Templates for CE Course Sponsors
- Continuing Education Approval Request Application, PDF (DPR-PML-131)
- Template CE Course Agenda, PDF
- Continuing Education Additional Course Date Request, PDF (DPR-PML-132)
- Visa/Mastercard Transaction, PDF (DPR-105-B)
- Template Record of Course Completion, PDF
- CE Course Sign-In Sheet, PDF
Resources for CE course sponsors
- Important Reminders for Sponsors, PDF
- How to Sponsor a Continuing Education Course, PDF
- Approval of CE Topics, PDF
- CE Category Example Topics, PDF
For Continuing Education Sponsors, please contact:
Continuing Education Program