Respiratory Protection Compliance Assistance
Back to Compliance Assistance for Employers
Respiratory Protection Regulations
- Title 3, California Code of Regulations, Section 6739, PDF . Text of respiratory protection regulation and associated regulations.
- Respiratory protection program guidelines, HS-1513 Fillable Form, PDF, (HS-1513 Spanish, PDF) - compliance assistance for developing a written program.
- Medical evaluation questionnaire. English, PDF, (Spanish, PDF).
- Respirator regulation handout, PDF (January 2008), - developed by the Napa County Agricultural Commissioner's office.
- Summary of Worker Safety and Protection Regulations, PDF - developed by the Sacramento County Agricultural Commissioner's Office.
- Voluntary respiratory provisions, PDF (February 2008) - Q&A handout
- Compliance Documentation for Section 6739 (o)(5) End-of-Service Life - pesticide-specific directions from the respirator manufacturer.
- Color Coding for NIOSH Approved Respirator Cartridges and Canisters, PDF - this list is not comprehensive. Always follow pesticide label instructions, regulations, and permit conditions when selecting respiratory protection.
- The Small Entity Compliance Guide, PDF (5.6 mb). This U.S. Dept. of Labor publication will assist the administrator in managing a respiratory protection program.
- Respiratory Protection in the Workplace, A Practical Guide for Small-Business Employers, PDF. Developed and prepared by the California Department of Industrial Relations.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 324-4155