What to do if you think pesticide exposure made you ill

Back to Pesticides and Human Health Information

If you or anyone else is seriously ill, call 911 for help.

In less serious cases, call your doctor or the Poison Control Center, 1-800-222-1222. At no charge, the Poison Control Center will give you first-aid information and advise you on what to do next.

Be sure to report that you may have been exposed to a pesticide. Explain briefly how you were exposed and identify the pesticide, if possible. The pesticide container or label will identity the product exactly.

To report possible pesticide misuse, call your county agricultural commissioner's office. You can link to the number, or you can get it by calling toll-free 1-87PestLine (1-877-378-5463) and be connected directly.

For more information on how to resolve pesticide use complaints and concerns, see DPR's Community Guide to Recognizing and Reporting Pesticide Problems.