Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
DPR requests public comments on proposed regulations and on many types of decisions and actions. You can sign up to be placed on an electronic mailing list to automatically receive e-mail versions of many of these public notices
Notices, postings and other formal requests for public comment
- Notices to registrants from Registration Branch announce policy changes regarding the registration process,initiation of risk assessments, reports on product reevaluation, or other items of interest to the pesticide industry. On certain issues, comments are requested.
- Proposed and final registration decisions - Proposed decisions to register or deny registration are posted for public comment for 30 days.
- Proposed regulations (rulemaking) - Notices are issued when DPR proposes changes to its regulations. Notices include a description of the proposed action and how people may submit comments.
- Regulations under development - For complex regulations, DPR may have informal discussions with interested people to help develop regulatory documents before they are formally noticed for public comment.
Advisory Committees and Other Public Meetings
(Meeting notices, agendas and minutes)
- Calendar of public meetings (for example, advisory groups, workshops, regulatory hearings)
- Agricultural Pest Control Advisory Committee
- Pest Management Advisory Committee (PMAC)
- Pesticide Registration and Evaluation Committee (PREC)
- About functional equivalency, PDF (39 kb) of the pesticide regulatory program to environmental impact reports required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- How to request public records
- Laws and regulations relevant to current public proceedings - Rulemaking packages including text of proposed regulations.
For content questions, contact:
1001 I Street, P.O. Box 4015
Sacramento, CA 95812-4015
Phone: (916) 445-3974